Monday, October 8, 2007

Aargh isn't just for piarates


"Hello there. Can I help you? These are all my toys. They all taste very good. Some allow slobber to roll down and some soak up the slobber. Take your pick. But just stay away from the duckie." Beckett's greeting for the day.

I turned around for a second and saw him get up on all fours and then back to the sitting. I tried to get it again but he's too quick. This is pretty cute too. He's really becoming his own little person. Just listen to him tell you all about it.


Today we were quite content playing in his satchel of toys. A good twenty minutes. I didn't really make good use of the time today. But you better believe I'll be doing this again. He's toppled over a couple of times pretty hard and he's not fussed too much. I remember Brenner having this really solid head. Run into things all the time. Can't remember if he started out with it solid or it got solid from all the bumps along the way and evolved that way as a survival technique. Could be genetic. It's not that hard to think it could be from my hard-headedness. (Is that even a real word? IS now.) Anywho; he's reaching for things like Legos, and Crayons, and dirty brother feet, and dirt. This is when we really got the reaching and grabbing down. He's almost got a whole sit-up now. He'll be mobile in days.

I came downstairs a little did I know I'd been shivered me timbers. Captain Jack Sparrow had come for his bootie. He's such a character.

So as the day went on we just got more and more rambuntious. I think it's Dad being gone, General Conference, staying in the house, sugar, no school for a whole week, and being 6 years old that is making our house a zoo. Or at least a pirates deserted island. So next time you Yo-Ho-Ho head on over our way.

1 comment:

Mer said...

Hilarious!!!HA,HA,HA. Brenner is so funny. What a cute little pirate he makes. You're family is so comedic. Beckett is just too cute, and mommy is well, AWESOME! Loving your blog.